Exploring the beauty of retro electronics (Gallery)
02-23-2018, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2018 01:16 AM by Manolo Sobrino.)
RE: Exploring the beauty of retro electronics (Gallery)
(02-21-2018 11:11 PM)martinot Wrote:  I do not have this, but from a design point it looks fine and OK:

[Image: nw276aa.jpeg]

Hum, the HP10s+... that one is funny, because it happens to be a Casio. A cheaply made derivative of the FX-MS series (just shuffling a few keys), with (even) worse keys and worse stability. The thing likes to drift when keying and also rattles if you've slid it into the cover to do so (put some cardboard between, thank me later). I know it's a 10€ calc and YGWYPF, yet still...

I had to buy one to get used to it for a test. Some civil servant thought it was about time to standardize and chose the cheapest one. Good looks and the nice touch of a recessed ON key, but Casios (with a Casio label on the faceplate) are usually better engineered and the original FX-MS have much nicer LCDs.

I do know it is a Casio calc because I'm familiar with them and well... if you press four times MODE to get to the Disp menu, and then press "2" (hidden option) it displays CASIO (Kinpo can be like this).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exploring the beauty of retro electronics (Gallery) - Manolo Sobrino - 02-23-2018 01:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)