hp 48G+ (PLUS) built quality in comparison to hp 48GX
02-25-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: hp 48G+ (PLUS) built quality in comparison to hp 48GX
(02-24-2018 09:42 PM)zx_spectrum Wrote:  Hello
what do you think about the built-quality of hp 48G+? keyboard, display, overall feel and quality when compared to hp 48G and hp 48GX
i am aware of the technical differences in the specs, i am just interested in the durability and the built-quality; does it feel cheaper or equal to 48G and 48GX?

I've only handled a few 48G+ samples, but those that I did 'felt' and seemed just the same as the GX machines I own and have handled. The same is true for 48G machines. The only difference is the G and G+ obviously are somewhat lighter (my GXs usually have 2 cards installed, plus the connectors, slides and door) and a lighter feel (to me) can make it feel a bit cheaper, but this is only subjective and relative to a GX.

I noticed no difference in the keyboard or LCD quality. In fact, late G+ models also shared the same black LCD as late GX machines. I'm not sure if late G models also had the black LCD as well, I don't know how late production of the G model continued.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp 48G+ (PLUS) built quality in comparison to hp 48GX - rprosperi - 02-25-2018 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)