Had to hard reset hp41cx, similar experiences?
02-25-2018, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2018 03:28 PM by twdeckard.)
RE: Had to hard reset hp41cx, similar experiences?
I have carried a ‘cx in my flight bag since the nineties. There are airport lat/lon’s stored in Ext Memory that I entered twenty years ago. Whenever it comes up after a battery change it makes me smile. I don’t use the DR routines for navigation so the only reason to maintain it is nostalgia.

I am a bit harder on my traveling violin (backup calculator) but I think it was ESD. I am in MN and the relative humidity will be below 25%. I will take more care when pulling it out of the case and see what happens. I’ll also see if it’s of the same vintage as my other unit. Its a working calculator and so I am resigned to the likelihood that it may die with its boots on.

However I really (should) have invested in one of the amazing non volatile storage alternatives or a card reader...I had 200+ registers worth of routines keyed in ...

Best
Todd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Had to hard reset hp41cx, similar experiences? - twdeckard - 02-25-2018 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)