Android Pro app resets completely
03-04-2018, 07:22 PM
RE: Android Pro app resets completely
Can't say I'm terribly familiar with Android app file management, but to the best of my knowledge I would have to root my device in order to browse the /data/data/ folder where the apps store all their data. I don't have a Android development environment setup on my PC, perhaps there would be other methods through those tools.

Going in through Settings>Storage>Other Apps>HP Prime Pro I did some tests:
1. With the Clear Cache option, my user apps remained, everything was functional still when restarting the app.
2. With the Clear Data option, everything was removed, (just like the warning suggested). When I launched the app I saw the "Slide to Unlock" message, followed by choosing language and initial setup steps. It was as if the app was completely removed and installed for the first time. New serial, etc, and I had to reboot the Android device before I could connect to Connectivity Kit.

The "Reset" option within the app does some other customized (?) operation that removes user apps and resets user settings to default.

The random reset seems to be different from all the possible user-initiated procedures, because even though it completely resets user apps and settings, serial #, and possible other data, it does not present me with the "first run" type of setup steps.

I agree, this appears to be Android OS related, and probably caused by a change introduced in Android 8.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android Pro app resets completely - Jacob Wall - 03-04-2018 07:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)