Found these inside a non-working 71B
03-12-2018, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 01:30 AM by MikeSD.)
RE: Found these inside a non-working 71B
I just had to try one more thing. 71 still runs but MEM value not as expected. First try was just over 12k, 12,xxx or something. Three 4K working. i suspect the one i was hooked to was the problem not allowing it to configure.

Found a short and tried again. This time I got 15391. Should be 16927, based on another 16k machine I have. But i suppose that could be legit too if the installed RAM is causing some overhead. Reset and tried again. Same results. at least I didnt get any smoke. Better stop while Im ahead. or at least not behind.

The pic is how I attached it.
* I buzzed between pin 9 on bottom chip to verify it was chip in front of HPIL daisy chain.
* wired pins 1 - 7 straight across
* wired pin 9 Dout from bottom chip to front chip on dangling 32k module.
* its pin 9 is already wired to pin 8 of back 32k
* wire pin 9 of back 32k RAM pin 8
* Then finally pin 9 of back chip to hpil pin 8, with no HPIL module
* I also tried it with and without the pin 9 wire going to HPIL. No difference.

Seems right but didnt produce what I expected.

I've never had any internally installed RAM. Not sure how it should behave. Is MEM supposed to automatically show more RAM or do I have to execute some command to make it part of sys RAM. Show port doesnt show it so it's not port RAM, so Ibwas expecting it to be part of sys RAM.

Or I could still have a wiring error Wink I better stop for tonight before I do see smoke Wink Going to read and see if there is some configuration still needed. I suppose it could be there but just not part of sys ram yet. But I did some port commands and got "no devices found", so its not port RAM.

[Image: 64K_inserted.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found these inside a non-working 71B - MikeSD - 03-12-2018 01:21 AM
What's U10? - Dave Frederickson - 03-15-2018, 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)