Question. Basic with good math libraries
03-13-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: Question. Basic with good math libraries
(03-13-2018 07:32 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Thanks for the info! And yes, I am asking exactly about some basic with such a vaste and flexible math library. Maybe not optimized in assembler, but present and working.

The best such BASIC I ever had the pleasure to work with was RMB ("Rocky Mountain Basic") on an HP series 9000 workstation - can't remember the numbers of the hardware units - in the early 1990ies. Not only did it control the hardware of the laboratory where we did microwave imaging, but it downloaded, calibrated and pre-processed the measured data in real time, all double precision complex numbers, with calculations that involved multiple FFTs and lots of vector arithmetic. Dead easy to program and debug with incredible powerful commands. No memory management to worry about and hardware control and data transfer that basically looked after itself. The only component that sucked was the graphics library (called "Starbase" if I remember correctly) which we chose not to use but use Sun workstations for the data presentation instead. RMB really invokes some fond memories!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question. Basic with good math libraries - Maximilian Hohmann - 03-13-2018 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)