Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
03-31-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
As I own a helping school where I teach all kinds of stuff, mostly maths, no mathematical activity can be claimed useless, even the most stupid thing may prove extremely important, you have for example a pupil who has difficulties in understanding fractions, you construct a different approach, he understands it this way and perhaps later starts to study sciences...So I often deal with problems that are not too amusing but I never have stopped looking in different textbooks to broaden my abilities in finding other ways to explain things. I don't know how often I used the golden ratio and then the Fibonacci series to make some more intelligent pupil see the beauty of maths and when there is time I give some riddles "everybody knows" to fascinate them.
For myself I from time to time take a deeper look into one of the more advanced parts of maths, solving complex tasks is a good pastime and keeps the brain fit.
Arno
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless? - Arno K - 03-31-2018 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)