Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
04-01-2018, 02:30 PM
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
(04-01-2018 01:48 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Maybe so, but have you tried to buy a state of the art graphics card in these days? They are either unobtainable or carry silly price tags because the whole production goes into those abominable Bitcoin mining farms. I guess we have to wait for the impending Bictoin collapse until we can benefit from fast processors and graphics chips. Not long hopefully.

I never purchase top-of-the-line graphics cards or CPUs, they are always priced stupidly high for 1%-ers that want that kind of edge for gaming (or more recently, mining), however as the top of the line moves up, all the mid-range move up as well, and typically at the same price points, so this year's mid-range is as much as 75-100% faster than last years, but at the same price. So I get the benefit of those silly top-end components, without buying one. Bottom line is I'm glad all those folks are buying top-end components for mining.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless? - rprosperi - 04-01-2018 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)