Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
04-01-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless?
(04-01-2018 02:30 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I never purchase top-of-the-line graphics cards or CPUs, they are always priced stupidly high for 1%-ers that want that kind of edge for gaming (or more recently, mining), however as the top of the line moves up, all the mid-range move up as well, and typically at the same price points, so this year's mid-range is as much as 75-100% faster than last years, but at the same price. So I get the benefit of those silly top-end components, without buying one. Bottom line is I'm glad all those folks are buying top-end components for mining.

That can be said for computer hardware in general. The "state of the art" almost always has a lousy price-performance ratio and is "obsolete" a week after you buy it.

Back on topic, I use only simple math in my day job but I enjoy programming and solving math problems in my spare time. It helps to prevent my aging brain from fossilizing.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you find some mathematical activities useless? - John Keith - 04-01-2018 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)