Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
04-03-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Which programs do you actually use in your calculator?
(04-03-2018 04:45 PM)pier4r Wrote:  
(04-03-2018 01:36 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Also, I'm a heathen, and have a TI-84 Plus CE that I use often. I have an ETA program I use to estimate completion time of a process with a known current degree of completion and final value. It lets you select from several different curve fits, in case of a process that doesn't progress linearly. Comes in handy when I want to know what time I can expect SQL Server to finish restoring a ~1 TB backup. I've also adapted most of the algorithms in William M. Kolb's "Curve Fitting For Programmable Calculators" to the 84.

Nice! System administrator estimations?

Pretty much. I'm a DBA/developer, and SQL Server is notorious for having lengthy processes that don't give you any completion time estimate. This program lets you log a data point using either the current time or a manually entered time, and specify the target value, number of most recent data points to use, and regression model (linear, log, exponential, power, quadratic, and inverse quadratic).

Here's the program file if anybody else has a use for it. Just launch it and use the menu to navigate.

http://dave.brittens.org/TI84PlusCE/ETA.8xp
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which programs do you actually use in your calculator? - Dave Britten - 04-03-2018 05:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)