HP-41 FORTH; The most misunderstood Module?
04-09-2014, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:23 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: HP-41 FORTH; The most misunderstood Module?
Thank you Egan (and Peter)- will definitely read all about those!

As I said before I'm about 60% done with the MCODE review and should have the "blueprint" done in a few days. I wanted to check the inner guts to see what was done and whether it matches the published details.

So far I've seen inconsistent stuff in there, as if there were two different sources. I know there was an initial version using pages 4/5, which was later changed for the CX. The CX version is meant to use page 7 - confirmed by hard-coded calls to page #7 in several places in the code in page#4. But funny enough the code in page#7 does not assume any fixed location (it uses relative port-dependent jumps all along), and furthermore there are a couple of functions in there with calls to HP-IL mass storage routines... quite a contradiction in terms.

I'll post the pdf's and will share the EXCEL sheets with anyone interested, the hyperlinks make a big difference.

Cheers,
'AM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41 FORTH; The most misunderstood Module? - Ángel Martin - 04-09-2014 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)