[VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenges #23: "May the 4th Be With You !" Special
07-18-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenges #23: "May the 4th Be With You !" ...
(07-18-2018 12:17 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  This is my 200th post so it's perfectly fitting to wrap up here and now my S&SMC#23 by posting my very own solution to the final 6th Step, namely...

Thanks for the original challenge but also for the several earlier, and now this detailed solution for the final section. Though most often I am not up these challenges of yours, I thoroughly enjoy pondering them (until I get frustrated) and then reading the various members' solutions. And your detailed explanations (like this one above) are excellent learning tools as they not only explain how you solved it, but also why you chose that technique and how it works, generally in a clear enough manner to see how to apply similar techniques in the future to other problems.

Also, I've noted that your very detailed solutions have often inspired others to also explain their solutions in a similar, detailed manner, which is far more helpful to subsequent readers than a (possibly well thought-out, but still) obscure code listing and a brief note claiming this solution is '3 bytes shorter' or some other similar claim to fame.

Thanks to all that participated and shared their answers here, it's quite interesting to many of us quiet readers.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] Short & Sweet Math Challenges #23: "May the 4th Be With You !" ... - rprosperi - 07-18-2018 01:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)