Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files?
05-28-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files?
I know of one patch to the original ROM image by Angel Martin that allowed the use of lowercase letters in the ED editor of the 41CX. I also have great sympathy for a comment I read some time ago by a user who thought that pressing the XEQ key should put you in Alpha mode by default (simple patch?)

None of this would help of course with an original HP-41, but with the proliferation of hardware (41CL) and software (V41) emulators, someone might want to improve upon the 41. The list of those with the skill to do so would be pretty short (!) but I at least would be interested in studying the code.

Given the MultiCalc style projects posted here by various members, maybe the availability of source code could inspire someone to develop a desktop 41 with printer and modern storage mechanism. Who knows what might result?

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files? - mfleming - 05-28-2018 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)