Who has a sinclair scientific programmable?
02-05-2022, 04:07 AM
RE: Who has a sinclair scientific programmable?
(07-05-2018 08:00 AM)Harald Wrote:  I bought one a year ago and finaly picked it up at a friends house in the UK. I gave it a thorough clean today and installed a battery. Basic operations seem to work fine, although the acuracy leaves a bit to be desired.

30 SIN, after blanking the display for ages produces 0.84265 ?!?

Also, pressing keys often produces (this is reproducable) brightly flashing digits. Is that normal?

Maybe someone who has such a calculator can confirm this behaviour.

Cheers,
Harald
I have one of these clunkers that I bought from TOS and had shipped from the UK to Australia over 10 years ago. It was in quite good condition, really, complete with its extensive program library, but the keyboard and digit behavior was dodgy. Never did get around to repairing it (no skills in that regard) but it brought back memories from high school in 1973 when I received one of the original Cambridges, as a gift from my dad, and then three years later invested in an Oxford 300 scientific to help with the final two years' math. Went to live in the US for the next 30 years or so, where there were no Sinclairs at all, but the Oxford kept me going through the first few months of college. Wish I'd kept it, but maybe it burned out and wound up in the bin.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has a sinclair scientific programmable? - JimP - 02-05-2022 04:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)