TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
09-04-2018, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 06:47 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
(09-04-2018 02:09 PM)gomefun2 Wrote:  Just buy a Casio 991 EX. The same kind of calculator but superior in every way except it erases stack memory when you power it off, or change modes (I have no idea why they do not make the memory continuous, it would be much better).

The processor in the Casio is much, much faster (fastest on the market for non-programmable calculator, as far as I know).
The Casio can do 4x4 matrices, and it can solve 4 systems of equations. The TI can only do 3x3 and 3 eqns.
I do not really like the solver on the TI, it is clunky. The Casio you just type what you want, on the main calculation screen then use calc or solve.
The Casio has a better spreadsheet, with more memory allocated to it (more rows and columns). The TI-36xpro just has lists.
The resolution of the Casio is so high it almost has an ink-y feel to it. The TI has lower resolution and worse contrast imo.

If TI updated their calculator to have a faster CPU, a higher res screen, and the ability to do 4x4 matrices, then I would recommend it over the Casio, since it also has continuous memory. But I can't.

Sounds like a plan. Yes. Thank you.

I think (just thinking) the reason for the clean slate at power-on is so that the calc is on the educational list so it complies with the various school/college testing boards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one? - Matt Agajanian - 09-04-2018 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)