TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
12-20-2018, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2019 07:09 PM by ijabbott.)
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
It seems that the new(ish) TI-30X Pro MathPrint is also sold in the UK and there is an English manual for it (also Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Swedish) if you want to compare it to the older MultiView.

https://education.ti.com/en/guidebook/de...7/30xProMP

EDIT: I haven't been through the entire manual, but the only enhancement in functionality I have found so far is that the "table" mode can show two functions f(x) and g(x) at once. Matrices and vectors are still limited to 3 dimensions (the Casio fx-991EX does 4 dimensions). The polynomial solver still only solves quadratic and cubic equations (the Casio also solves quartic equations). The simultaneous linear equation solver still handles up to 3 unknowns (the Casio does 4). Hopefully, they will have at least increased the speed and fixed the few bugs* at last (without introducing additional bugs), but who knows?!

* I only know of two bugs: (1) converting improper fractions of pi to a mixed fraction goes wrong; (2) negative temperature conversions go wrong. EDIT Negative temperature conversions work fine if you put them in parentheses. E.g.: -1 °C⯈°F = -33.8 (WRONG!), but (-1) °C⯈°F = 30.2 (CORRECT!). (To be fair, the manual mentions this requirement for placing negative temperatures in parentheses, and it only applies to literal numbers, not variables.)

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one? - ijabbott - 12-20-2018 10:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)