TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
09-19-2019, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2019 04:17 AM by jebem.)
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one?
(08-10-2018 09:33 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Does TI really make the battery compartment so complicated to access to let users throw the calculator away?
Consumerism is really cancerous for the planet.

Good points.

We are pushed to consume things even if we don't really needed it. Depleting the planet resources seems to be humankind ultimate goal.

Concerning the OP question, well, Texas design decision to not include a proper battery cover, like so many other brands making low end machines, was simply to cut down manufacturing costs and maximize profits.

Go ahead and just replace the battery, it is not that hard, and then get the new German version 30X Pro MathPrint as well.

I just did. Got it from Amazon Deutschland for 42 Euro s&h included.
In my case, based in Portugal, I could have used Amazon Spain that ships for free despite the final price being about the same at 41 Euro.

Thanks to all contributors that spent the time to test and compare this excellent Texas machine against the Casio.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TI-36X Pro—Replace the batteries or just get a new one? - jebem - 09-19-2019 04:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)