Any good DOS calculators that provide a Casio-pocket-computer-like BASIC?
08-28-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: Any good DOS calculators that provide a Casio-pocket-computer-like BASIC?
I had used a DOS program called BIGCALC. As I recall, it was RPN, visible stack and selectable precision.

TomC

(08-28-2018 01:03 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Has anybody ever found a good scientific calculator and/or programming environment suitable for the 200LX? The thing I really like about the Casio pocket computers is that they reflect their calculator heritage by allowing manual calculations in run mode, and having multiple program spaces so you can keep several programs in memory with hotkeys to run them. They feel more like programmable calculators that happen to run BASIC, which I think is a better fit for their form factor than how Sharp approached it.

The 200LX can run GW-BASIC, QBasic, TurboPascal, etc. with ease, but none of those are really good for a calculator-like workflow. I'd like to find something that allows you to do manual calculations, quickly call up a program or routine to calculate something, then continue on and maybe run some other programs, without having to use PRINT, LOAD, and RUN for everything you do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any good DOS calculators that provide a Casio-pocket-computer-like BASIC? - TomC - 08-28-2018 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)