HP Prime died
09-05-2018, 12:20 AM
HP Prime died
I bought my HP Prime in mid 2015 (model g8x92aa). It has worked well up until today (although I could crash it during some long CAS calculations). During a long Taylor series calculation it crashed (first the hour glass froze, then it reset, then it went totally black). I still has the original FW as when I bought it. I did connect it to a PC a few times to backup some programs, but never messed with the firmware (now that the HP Prime is dead, I cannot report what the FW version is).

I tried to reset it with a paper clip in the back, did not work. I tried to reset it using On Symb, did not work. I tried On Apps Esc, did not work. I tried On F C O, did not work. I tried these methods with and without the charger plugged in.

I removed the battery and it measured 4.11 v. I put the battery in the calculator and measured it while it was in circuit and it still measured 4.11 v. So I am sure that the battery is good and is getting charged OK.

I called HP to see about a warrantee, but I was told it is only 1 yr. in the US, but 5 yrs. in Norway (too bad I live in the US and not in Norway). I asked about a repair fee, but HP does not repair calculators anymore. I am very disappointed in HP today. BTW, I also own an HP41C, two HP50gs and these very much older calculators all work perfectly. The HP rep told me the only recourse for me is just to buy a new HP Prime. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime died - bobager - 09-05-2018 12:20 AM
RE: HP Prime died - cyrille de brébisson - 09-05-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: HP Prime died - bobager - 09-05-2018, 08:18 PM
RE: HP Prime died - cyrille de brébisson - 09-06-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: HP Prime died - bobager - 09-06-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: HP Prime died - cyrille de brébisson - 09-07-2018, 05:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)