"Life it too short to read the manual"
09-18-2018, 10:49 AM
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual"
Hello!

(09-18-2018 05:13 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Personally, I HATE the fact that products do NOT have user manuals. iPad, iPod, Windows... No user manuals. No getting started... NOTHING! not even the basis, you are supposed to "discover" everything!

This is not true for Europe because by EU regulations no product must be sold without operating instructions. So even Apple products come with a small "getting started" leaflet on paper in this part of the world. From then on one can either continue exploring for oneself or download further instructions (which Apple supplies plentiful) or follow the optional written (and/or) spoken guide which will explain your new product to you. We bought my mom an iPad some years ago when she was 78 or 79 years old. All I ever needed to do was to install her eMail account on it and answer two or three questions over the phone. Apart from that she has been using the thing every day. I wonder what would have happened if we bought her an HP Prime istead - even with the 1000 page manual that comes with it?

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual" - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-18-2018 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)