Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
11-01-2018, 09:59 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
(10-13-2018 10:52 PM)akmon Wrote:  I´ve done a test with the command RANDMAT(100,100,100) with the beta firmware and with an older official firmware, on physical units (hp prime G2 with last beta and G8X92AA with 13441 software version

I detected that the beta has a problem dealing with large matrices. Although the new beta shows a compressed matrix, it takes a really long time doing any operation after this.

For example, showing the whole matrix, (100x100), chronograph in hand

13441 software version: 10,4 secs.
14091 software version: 22,7 secs

But what it´s worst: after showing the matrix, just for scaping from it it takes about 25 seconds, and if you want to go to APPS menu you have to wait another 60! seconds to get into it.

So with large matrices it doen´t compensate the new compressed view feature because it get too slow.

UPDATE: I´ve upgraded both units (G1 and G2) to beta firmware, and surprisingly after finishing the work, if I press APPS on G1, you go to APPS menu on an instant, but in G2, it takes 7 seconds. Later if you press ESC key it takes 20 seconds on G1 and 17 seconds on G2 for reaching the main stack.

Update: after last official firmware release, something has changed: in the same case, you go to APPS menu on an instant in G2, the same like G1. Thank you Tim for sorting this challenge.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS - akmon - 11-01-2018 09:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)