Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
09-30-2020, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2020 01:22 PM by Wes Loewer.)
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
I'm sure this issue of what to provide on a calculator and what to leave to the user to program is an issue that calculator designers wrestle with regularly. There is definitely a trend to add more built-in Wizards and Solvers and such to handle problems that could have been done by the user through other built-in functions or by programming.

When TI added the Stats Wizards to the 84+ and Nspire, it did not add any functionality, but my students' errors reduced significantly as a result. TI recently added a Diff Eq Solver Wizard to the Npsire. I think the Triangle Solver is similar. You could do it yourself, but the App uses a clean visual interface using system commands that are not available using PPL (UserPPL?).

I might not have thought to ask for such an App, but since it's there already, adding area seems like a natural suggestion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS - Wes Loewer - 09-30-2020 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)