Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
11-09-2020, 03:07 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
(09-30-2020 01:19 PM)Wes Loewer Wrote:  I'm sure this issue of what to provide on a calculator and what to leave to the user to program is an issue that calculator designers wrestle with regularly. There is definitely a trend to add more built-in Wizards and Solvers and such to handle problems that could have been done by the user through other built-in functions or by programming.

When TI added the Stats Wizards to the 84+ and Nspire, it did not add any functionality, but my students' errors reduced significantly as a result. TI recently added a Diff Eq Solver Wizard to the Npsire. I think the Triangle Solver is similar. You could do it yourself, but the App uses a clean visual interface using system commands that are not available using PPL (UserPPL?).

I might not have thought to ask for such an App, but since it's there already, adding area seems like a natural suggestion.

I agree on this too. Nobody told HP to include an application for solving triangles, which in the first instance is pretty straightforward for most and could be programmed. But, since they made the application and it is factory installed, it could be improved, indeed, each of the installed applications could always be improved somewhat, according to the opinions of the users. And I think that adding the area calculation to the triangles application should not require a lot of programming effort from HP, and it would be quite useful, in fact I have 2 programs installed on my HP 50g for triangles that also calculate the perimeter and the area for the triangle in addition to finding the sides, Triangle solver and another called Triangle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS - math7 - 11-09-2020 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)