No, manuals are for sissies!
I read part of the quick start guide
I read the full quick start guide
I read part of the user manual
I read the full user manual
I refer to the documentation now and then, but I have not read it
I use the on calc help
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Have you read the HP Prime user manual?
09-18-2018, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2018 03:02 PM by Anders.)
RE: Have you read the HP Prime user manual?
(09-18-2018 05:50 AM)CyberAngel Wrote:  
(09-18-2018 05:18 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Since we are having a discussion about user manuals in the "general" forum, I am creating this pool to see how many people have actually read the Prime user manual?

So, here is a pool!

Cyrille

I did read the Renee's HP Prime CAS manual <= isn't that official?
but
also the full xCas manual (English only)

Now I'm reading from here and there the very old HP 39/40 manual

Agree! Renee's HP Prime HP Prime CAS Manual
is extremely useful for CAS and would be benefit from becoming apart of the official documentation. Hence, it should be included in the poll Smile

The User Guide is also extremely important and calculator help does NOT replace this.
Unfortunately, the User Guide is
1) not covering all functions that are available - For instance Z transforms is still not in the guide and it's been there since the very beginning
2) could do with even more depth (how to) of more complex topics. again for instance and whole transform topic (Laplace, Z, Fourier...) is not covered at any great how to depth at all

Calculator Help is very useful when you are in the middle of it and know what you are looking for but if you do not you are out of luck and have to go searching the User Guide. So Help only adequate for straight forward help, e.g. When you know the function name and roughly what it does but need help with syntax, parameters and examples. But Help provides no depth, insights, e.g. how to code, do complex multi step problem solving etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you read the HP Prime user manual? - Anders - 09-18-2018 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)