HP 12c Platinum Error 0 in Percent Difference
11-04-2018, 09:05 PM
RE: HP 12c Platinum Error 0 in Percent Difference
(11-04-2018 07:22 PM)Kaijikunito Wrote:  For example, yesterday I was trying calculate what the likelihood was of a response in chess relative to the total responses. First I summed the number of times all responses were used to find the total, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to then divide the number of times a particular response occurred by the total. It wasn't until today that I remembered that I can actually store numbers... >.<!

You will soon find out that with RPN – in most cases – you don't have to store any intermediate results. In this case, for instance, the [X<>Y] key does the trick. If your total is, say, 12345 and you now want to divide 789 by the displayed 12345, simply enter 789 (pressing the divide key now would do the division the wrong way round) and then press [X<>Y]. Voilà, your 12345 is back again, you have swapped dividend and divisor, and the divide key will give you the desired result.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 12c Platinum Error 0 in Percent Difference - Dieter - 11-04-2018 09:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)