New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
04-12-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
(12-27-2018 03:56 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  
(12-27-2018 02:11 AM)Spybot Wrote:  Hello!
I just realized my program SLK 4.1b (http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3861.html) got broken when trying to run it on Firmware 14181. I don't understand why it used to work fine on FW 13865 and now returns variables names instead of numbers as a result.

I Just wanted to let you guys know this.

Thank you.

I had a quick look at your code, and I'm surprised it worked before since I always assumed that concatenating strings required all objects to be strings.

Instead of this
Code:
PRINT("
  Vertical line!
  The distance between these 
  Points is: "+r+"
");

Convert variable 'r' to a string like
Code:
PRINT("
  Vertical line!
  The distance between these 
  Points is: "+STRING(r)+"
");

You can look at the help for the STRING command for formatting options that are available.

I looked into this, and the lack of STRING isn't the issue at all. I added the call to STRING as you suggested, and it had no effect. This is only a problem with the "r" variable here; substitute for any other variable that's defined here (like a, b, c, d, etc)

I am not sure why his code doesn't work with current ROM versions, but I think it might be related to the way he wrote this:

Code:

r:=approx(r);
F:=fp(r);
r:=exact(r);

It seems r has somehow become the literal "r" here and not the contents of what was in r.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of HPPL isn't good enough to figure this out. Maybe someone else knows better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16) - Eric Rechlin - 04-12-2020 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)