[43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
12-19-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
Jeff,

Please allow me to skip your second layout proposal: as you guessed already, it would cause more than one strange feeling. So let's turn to the first. What would happen if we make it this way?
  • Complex unit would move from J to Z.
  • Since COMPLX should travel with [i], it would separate TEST and FLAGS from the other programming operations - please see the yellow frame in the picture of my OP. To repair that, TEST and FLAGS must be moved, too. Also PARTS would stand a bit isolated so it should move elsewhere as well. Please try to setup a new 'program operations center' next to [R/S] - I frankly admit lacking motivation.
Looking at the last consistent series of RPN calculator models HP made (Pioneers), we find [R/S] bottom right and [<-] at the right end of center row, followed by [E] and [+/-] going left. I like that :-)

Summing up, I'd stay with the layout of the OP until you return (or somebody else appears) with a better offer. Thanks for your understanding. Else feel free to convince me that my choice is wrong.

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too - walter b - 12-19-2013 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)