The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
12-23-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime
(12-23-2018 06:59 AM)parisse Wrote:  It's certainly possible to implement simple algorithms to simplify expressions like that, but they will just be able to handle some kind of expressions, and that's precisely expressions that a human can easily detect and simplify mentally. What I have implemented is a normal form, a little bit like when you expand a polynomial expression, if it does not return 0 then you are sure the polynomial is not 0. An analogy could be integration by table lookup and integration using the Risch algorithm.
The algorithm is computationnally expensive, because you must handle several algebraic extensions of Q[x,y]. I agree that this is not really adapted to the Prime, because the normal form is expressed as a rootof, an object that HP found mathematically to complicated to be in a command result.
Thanks to the professor, Mr. Bernard can see my other post, but also about CAS, but no one answered me. There are still some questions that I will come up with in succession.

study hard, improve every day
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The lack of handling root functions in hp prime - yangyongkang - 12-23-2018 09:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)