Planned Obsolescence is your fault
01-03-2019, 08:03 AM
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault
(01-02-2019 11:15 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(01-02-2019 10:25 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  A study in Norway, which mainly uses electricity for heating, comes to the conclusion that my statement is fairly accurate.

Does that study look at heat pumps?

That, I don't remember. Even so, heat pumps are not very effective in subzero temps that is present for 6 to 7 months of winter in Northern Norway.

@burkhard:
El. price in North Norway has no V.A.T due to the fact that one simply need more electricity for heating on a general basis. It's seldom average temperatures in excess of +20°C, even in summer. Heating has to be on throughout the year. Up to the seventies, coal was used a lot by private homes. Through the seventies and early eighties, it was fairly common with kerosene heating but electrical heating became more common and/or in addition to kerosene. Gas have never "caught on" in Norway. Besides, it's deemed less "green" than electric heating.
Since the government of Norway now think that it must save the world all alone (with all its 5 mill inhabitants, or a mere city block in NY), everything is taxed down or illegal. Coal and kerosene heating is banned and everybody with a kerosene tank has to remove it by own cost before the end og 2020.
Norway's environmentally friendly hydropower is sold out to the highest bidder in Europe and "dirty" coal power is imported back at higher prices. Everything in the "green" interest. The ACER was agreed upon by the government under heavy protests from the citizens. Anyway, enough politics (and I've moved from Norway and use gas for waterborne heating). El.prices in Norway, with the new "smart" KW-meter and "efficiency tax" now has pushed the household cost up 10-30% depending whether you live in the south or the north. Not really sure of the prices anymore, but my parents pays abt NOK 0,60 per KWh or abt US$0,07.

Esben
28s, 35s, 49G+, 50G, Prime G2 HW D, SwissMicros DM42, DM32, WP43 Pilot
Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault - DA74254 - 01-03-2019 08:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)