(RPL) percentage function % not preserving stack level 2
01-06-2019, 08:05 PM
RE: (RPL) percentage function % not preserving stack level 2
(01-06-2019 06:16 AM)RMollov Wrote:  DUP is not double ENTER, it is just another name for a single ENTER. Not a big deal to hit it quickly twice Smile
IMHO the RPN implementation of those %-functions is better done (more consistent) in RPL. LASTARG loads both operands in the stack pushing previous result up, which is AFAIC the desired way of doing it; with RPN you have first operand in Y - visible, the second in L - invisible and result in X. [X<>Y] & [LastX] (3 keystrokes) will be needed to mimic what LASTARG achieves with 2. On the other hand I have no clue how and what for you use them, so my views may not be applicable in your case, just sharing ideas.

Thanks! I think that DUP does act as a double ENTER, as Joe notes.

Yes, I wasn't familiar with LASTARG. Amusingly, I'm so used to Ans on algebraic calculators that I didn't realise that it must do something different for RPN/RPL where it's obviously not needed. Using it for LASTARG is great.

Agreed that it's more flexible than the RPN route; I tended only to use Y, rather than X, after the % so the fact that X was only in LASTX wasn't a problem. But yes, better to have both.

thanks again for the ideas.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (RPL) percentage function % not preserving stack level 2 - cdmackay - 01-06-2019 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)