The fate of collected calculators.
01-18-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: The fate of collected calculators.
Hello!

(01-18-2019 10:33 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Do you have a plan or a wish?

Plan? No.

Wish? Ideally they will go to someone who appreciates their historical and technical value and their rarity. Not just to someone who sees them as a financial investment and tries to make a profit from reselling them.
There are very few museums that would bother to inventarise them. Maybe a couple of special ones (say an HP-35 and 65 because of their possible connection to space flight and because they were the first of their kind) but all the others are worthless in that respect.

(01-18-2019 10:33 AM)pier4r Wrote:  I'd like mine would be used by others that appreciate their value but so far I didn't instruct anyone else about them.

As I have forced my wife and son (who is off to university now) to live with my calculators for many years, they know that the things are not totally worthless. They are both competent internet users and eBay members so I don't think any special instructions will be required. Once they decide what to do (donate them to another collector or auction them off) they will make the best of it.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The fate of collected calculators. - Maximilian Hohmann - 01-18-2019 11:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)