HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label
06-04-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label
(06-04-2019 05:42 AM)[kby] Wrote:  I'd encourage people not to sell the original "spoon" technique short—with a bit of practice it works really well. I say this as someone who tried it half-heartedly a few years ago, with predictably half-hearted results. Recently, I've tried again, and worked on my technique a bit. The attached was from a cosmeticallly pristine machine, but I'll point out that it's been removed and replaced at least a half a dozen times in the past few weeks (not that I would recommend that practice—I mention it to show that with some patience it need not be fatal to try again!)....

Thanks for the comments on your successful techniques. Your detailed notes and precise description of the steps is very useful, particularly things like how log to wait between steps, etc. Also, including specific product names and descriptions is helpful; often, products considered 'almost the same' don't work nearly as well, or sometimes even at all.

Could you please specify which label remover product you use, as this is an essential component of success? This is an example of where using the exactly correct product could make a big difference in the results. Knowing the manufacturer, brand name, etc. should make it easy to locate a source to acquire it locally, or if not available locally, then to find a suitable product as near the original as possible.

Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classic Calculator (HP-65) back label - rprosperi - 06-04-2019 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)