A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently.
01-24-2019, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2019 05:58 PM by Geoff Quickfall.)
RE: A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently.
Bob,

It is funny how archaic things are computing wise on the “dream liner”. Shielding against latch out requires years of testing and therefore processors and GUI interfaces are 1990’s to 2005 tech.

The touch screen cursor is from the 1990’s.

No touch screen virtual panels yet. Lots of LCD and buried nested pages with each screen able to emulate all others.

Nice thing, brakes are electric, air conditioning is electric (not bled from the engines therefore no fume events.)

In fact the DM42 is a great help on the flight deck as is the printer.

Cyrille,

Unfortunately the only HPIL is what I bring with me! I have newbies with their iPhones and I watches that laugh at the hp vintage tech. They point out their phone does everything and more until I PRINT the results.

Hi Eddie,

Nice to be back with a wonderful group of individuals! I should have a published work schedule and will be attending hhc2019. See you there.

Pier4r,

My Vancouver to Dehli (15-16 hours in the air) has a 48 hour layover. The security at the hotel and the temperatures (45’C) preclude a giant walk but the reading area in the lobby allows for a lot of reading material, note taking and editing. Actually, a great job for extracurricular study. Melbourne from Vancouver also has 48 hour layovers. So lots of read8ng, edit8ng, graphic work on the computer gets done. Of course the first year on new equipment (787) demands a lot of study and extra focusing during the first year just to get really comfortable and a higher standard then the training is geared to (my personal goal is better then standard of course].

Best regards, Geoff

Some things arrived in the mail over the past year or so. Will talk about them later...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A general hello, and apology for my lack of engagement recently. - Geoff Quickfall - 01-24-2019 05:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)