Programming cable for HP-20B/30B and WP-34S
05-03-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:04 PM by jebem.)
RE: Programming cable for HP-20B/30B and WP-34S
(05-03-2014 09:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 06:43 PM)jebem Wrote:  Even using the Harald USB interface, one still has the need for a serial cable with two buttons (Reset and Erase) and that 6-pin POGO connector to do a proper job when re-flashing the calculators.

Why?? Please look at p. 168 (of 244) of the manual - there's nothing more than a standard micro USB cable required - neither 'a serial cable with two buttons (Reset and Erase)' nor 'that 6-pin POGO connector' is needed here. HTH

dUndecided

Sorry Walter, my bad English expressions can be misunderstood Smile
My understanding is that the Harald USB adapter is a partial replacement for the serial cable, because it does the flashing operation but it misses the Erase button. This is valid for the initial flashing, when converting from HP-30B to a WP-34S.
Am I correct?

My statement was related to the initial Erase procedure that requires a manual intervention (using clips or a piece of wire) when using the Harald adapter. I have just confirmed it in the WP-34S guide to be sure (page 150 on my User guide).

But I agree that the Harald adapter is a great addition to the 34S, and will automate the next firmware updates once we have a working 34S. I am considering acquiring it as well.

By the way, my 34S is alive! At last!
It worked at first try, using rudimentary procedures Smile
I also have made a tiny small donation to the cause in SourceForge.
Now, where is that User Guide...?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming cable for HP-20B/30B and WP-34S - jebem - 05-03-2014 09:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)