Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge
05-28-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 03:22 AM by Dale Reed.)
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge
I didn't want Eddie's excellent challenge to die off, what with the 40th anniversary of the HP-25 coming up fast.

It was suggested that I lose the vertical ENTER^ key, so I did a layout with the suggested horizontal ENTER^ (like all but the upper row of the Woodstocks).

But I updated the other layout, too, because I found the groupings worked a bit more naturally with the 5x5 layout. I tweaked the menus (PROG, PRB, TIME, PRNT, etc.) and got one or two "simple" functions in (%, delta-%). I swapped LBL and RET so they are in a more natural order.

(edit: added .PNG of layout done in LibreOffice Draw)

So, Eddie, let me know what you think of these. IIRC, you were looking for a good stats machine. Me, I'm looking for a good programmable that can do the binary/hex stuff, logic ops, etc. Hope these are a good compromise. And for all you high-falutin' math dudes, sorry --- no alphas, betas, gammas, or whatever Greek y'all speak. I'm a control systems guy who forgot whatever s-domain stuff I learned back in the 70's. This machine is for my day-to-day stuff.

Dale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge - Dale Reed - 05-28-2014 12:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)