JPL Prime: An ASCII Space Game.
02-23-2019, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2019 03:58 AM by TheLastMillennial.)
RE: JPL Prime: An ASCII Space Game.
antidote, instead of using getpix, I was thinking of checking the coordinates of each star, and if the star is going to be withing the coordinates of the rocket, then I won't draw the star. Although getpix might be useful for a future project I'm thinking of porting...

Thanks pier4r! So I've been using the HP Connect IDE (I haven't figured out how to get notepad++ working with PPL) then I've just been sending the file to my physical Prime and testing it on there. When I need to record something, I use the emulator.

EDIT: I've made some more progress! I've added star-rocket clip detection
so the stars wont clip through the rocket. I've added gradual checkpoint speed up code so it gets faster over time. I've replaced my Wait 10 command with TICK time detection (thanks to Luxen for the suggestion) so hopefully that will help future proof my game if I decide to add more intensive stuff. I've also refined the rocket hit block so it's more accurate to the actual bounds.
Here's a GIF! (This emulator is sooo wonky, the speed is weird (how do I slow it down?) and it's randomly moving the rocket to the far left)
[Image: LxACVp8.gif]

A few questions:
Is there a better way to send .hpprgm files to the emulator other than editing the source code and copy/pasting it into the emulator program editor? EDIT: I just figured out that the HP Connectivity software recognizes the emulator as a physical calculator! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that, kudos to whoever made that possible!
Also, is there a way to run programs by tapping on them rather than needing to scroll down with the d-pad and tapping 'run'? Or is there a way I can immediately run the program I just sent to the calculator?

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JPL Prime: An ASCII Space Game. - TheLastMillennial - 02-23-2019 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)