Graphics coordinates vs Pixels coordinates
03-20-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: Graphics coordinates vs Pixels coordinates
Hello,

When I first codded the ARC function, I did NOT yet have the elipse drawing function codded.. So I had this exact issue, how to draw circles on a non homogenous cartesian plan...

This is when I thought that circles would mostly be drawn by people that were doing pixel based graphics, not cartesian based graphics and that therefore it would not be ab issue to have the radius in pixels as ARC would, most likely, very rarely be used (ARC_P would be used instead)...

This is the root reason for the pixel only radius for ARC...

I then codded the elips as it was needed for something else and extended ARC_P, but did not change the pixel based parameters...

You could ask: but then, why do an ARC and not just an ARC_P... the reason is that the drawing and drawing_P functions all share the same code with a semi automatic way for the system to test and convert from cartesian to pixels... so having both was no extra work...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics coordinates vs Pixels coordinates - cyrille de brébisson - 03-20-2019 06:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)