HP 41 - branching to local label and return stack - FINAL RESULTS AND PROGRAMS
05-20-2019, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2019 02:42 AM by Artur - Brasil.)
HP 41 - branching to local label and return stack - FINAL RESULTS AND PROGRAMS
I'm trying to use my 41 in a routine to make soft menus (like on 48 or 50 series, where the data is input to variables listed in a bottom line of display assigned to first keyboard row).
Well, the 41 has not a dedicated bottom line in display, but we can display a space or : separeted "variables" in display and it's up to the user key in the corrrespondent key of two top rows in keyboard.
Well, the problem with my new version is that I pass from one caller program to the SFTMEN the string to display and this program prompt it to user, but, when him presses the A...E and the program branches to local label A ... E it looses the return to caller program!
I read a lot and seems to me that I saw something that could be done for not loosing the return stack.

Does anyone could help me? Or has a routine that could be used for soft menus in 41CX?

Here the first steps of both programs:

MAIN:
01 - LBL "AUTO"
02 - "BA:POT:IMP:CUR:"
03 - XEQ "SFTMEN"
04 - X=0?

SFTMEN program:
01 - LBL "SFTMEN"
02 - PROMPT
03 - LBL A
04 - 1
05 - STO 42
06 - RTN ' DOESN'T WORK!
07 - LBL B

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 41 - branching to local label and return stack - FINAL RESULTS AND PROGRAMS - Artur - Brasil - 05-20-2019 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)