HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne
08-28-2019, 04:52 AM
RE: HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne
(08-27-2019 03:38 AM)nova Wrote:  
(08-26-2019 02:50 PM)Jaco@cocoon-creations.com Wrote:  Re files: my 2 cents, if you have one opportunity only with a cable, check out the options first. There are various options in selecting the build you like.

As a starting point, look at the latest releases at

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/wp34s/code/bran...realbuild/
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/wp34s/code/trunk/realbuild/

Try the corresponding emulators.

Also google BIT and WP34S to find interesting older versions that Bit released.

Your advice is most welcome, and timely! Thank you. I didn't realise there's more than one build. I've got some work to do!

JimP, I'll get back to you once I've identified the build required.
Thanks

I've looked at the links above and found the two calc_full.bin files, both showing as Revision 3905. I understand each file holds the complete build code information for the flashing procedure. Unfortunately I don't understand the differences between these versions sufficient to choose which file to apply to the programming task.

Up until four weeks ago, I was not aware of the WP 34s project. I came across it during a web search for a Tanh-Sinh numerical integrator. Dr Google brought me to the forum, and specifically to the T-S program developments provided by forum member emece67. The forum posts were dated early in 2017. Pauli confirmed the Tanh-Sinh program would be added to the next build.

(04-02-2017 09:34 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  The code is in -- it will appear in the next build.

Pauli

I was fascinated by the WP 34s project overall, and managed to purchase a new HP 30b calculator. Forum members assisted my search for information describing the manner in which the HP 30b could be programmed via the HP flash cable and other connection methods (hand-made connectors, USB interfaces, the clock crystal and IR diode modifications, etc). It was at this point that I sought assistance with the programming task as I could not find any of the HP cables available, and both Pauli and JimP generously offered to assist me. Thank you both again.

At this point, the only thing delaying the calculator programming task is for me to determine which build file to use, as raised above by Jaco@cocoon-creations.com. Also, I've been unable to locate the emulator file sets for these two builds for running as an executable under Windows. Do the emulators contain the code for the build in a form which is viewable as RPN code lines in programming mode, or are the programs in the build always hidden from view in both the emulators and the physical calculator, and only accessible as functions called by their global label names? I'm unsure how to obtain the emulators or even what I need to obtain to try them!

Re the Tanh-Sinh program by emece67. Is this program contained in the two Revision 3905 calc_full.bin files? iF so, I'm still not sure how I make the choice between them due to insufficient knowledge of the WP 34s program development environment and build procedures, and the build differences between them. If the T-S program is in only one of those files, perhaps someone would be able to let me know which one.

Sorry for these very basic questions about the WP 34s project. Unfortunately, as an absolute beginner with the WP 34s, I very much don't know what I don't know!! Given the several-years time line of the project, my period of association is a dot at the far right end! Thank you for your patience and assistance. I still have a lot of knowledge and understanding to gather.
Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne - nova - 08-28-2019 04:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)