HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne
08-30-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne
(08-30-2019 01:00 PM)nova Wrote:  I've downloaded the calc_full.bin file.

I think the "full" file you are picking is good, as the programs built into the library are some nice ones, that have fairly broad interest.

Quote:I managed to purchase a genuine NOS HP flash cable, which I should receive in a couple of weeks. I've also purchased the FTDI Chip USB to RS232 adapter, so the remaining step is to setup the programming software and program the HP30b. Nearly done!

You probably realize this, but just in case you missed it or for others contemplating the wonders of the WP34s...
If you have the official HP flash cable, you don't need the "FTDI Chip USB to RS232 adapter". To reflash the calculator, you need one or the other, but not both. The real HP cable is great, but it's scarce and expensive, so a lot of people have homebrew-rigged the equivalent via the "FTDI Chip USB to RS232 adapter". No harm in having also that as a super-cheap spare, but hopefully the OEM cable will work fine for you.

If you are spending money, you really should get the final v3.3 manual which includes some additions and corrections not in the free v3.1 manual. You can either buy a hardcopy of the v3.3 manual or a PDF. I'd recommend at least having the PDF which is a lot cheaper (10 or 12€, I forget) and can be cntl-f searched for commands and whatnot. The printed manual is fine (I have both), but that search capability is important for me.

Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP30b to WP34s Programming in Melbourne - burkhard - 08-30-2019 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)