[WP-34S] My first integral on this calculator
05-19-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: [WP-34S] My first integral on this calculator
(05-19-2014 08:41 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(05-19-2014 08:39 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  The screen isn't up to this Sad

Cheers, Pauli! Did we tell them already we love this screen?

d;-)

Hi Pauli and Walter,

I'm not let down by the WP-34S project, it was just my lack of proper detailed reading and my excessive hope! You know, I saw the reference to the "HP-42S" in one of the guides and have jumped to conclusions...

To the contrary, I'm happy with the excellent WP-34S performance and huge number of advanced features, specially considering the constrains imposed by the HP-30B hardware (memory and display).
Thank you so much again for sharing your project!

My only real issue here is related to the poor keyboard quality of my HP-30B machine, bought used in TAS in Europe for 25 Euros (inc. s&h).
One full row refuses to work if I put the screws in the back cover (that was the initial problem, before I have opened it; this is a pcb track broken somewhere...). As if it was not enough, I found out that the up most left key ("A") needs to be pressed beyond reasonable to register itself.
I guess I will have to scrap it one of these days and start all over, this time with a new in the box HP-30B calculator while they can still be found for sell.
Well, at least I do not need to order another keyboard overlay from Eric because initially I ordered two sets just in case...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] My first integral on this calculator - jebem - 05-19-2014 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)