The calculator I always wanted
09-12-2019, 08:55 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted
A few features of Acron Calculator you may have missed…

Switch to RPN using 2nd -> MODE and change the Input Mode

Change the number text labels (millions, billions, trillions, etc.) in 2nd -> MODE -> Alternate Answers. You can change the text boxes to the long-scale million, milliard, billion, billiard, etc. (or anything else you want). I like to fill in quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, and octillion.

There’s a ton of mathematical functions in the CATALOG that I didn’t have space to add to the buttons. The most-recently used catalog functions are displayed at the top. If you know the function you're looking for, you can use the search.

You can apply algebraic transforms to an answer by selecting it. For instance, if you enter x^2+2x+1 as the question, it will tell you x^2+2x+1 is the answer. But you can select it and simplify to see (x+1)^2. The list of algebraic transforms is automatically pruned to only show you useful commands. You can use the undo button to step backward through any algebraic transforms you’ve applied.

In RPN, some functions use the selection to determine how many parameters to pop off the stack. For instance, roll up/down only roll 2 with nothing selected; if you select something further up, the selected item and everything higher (newer) will roll. The list { } will only take one item if nothing is selected; for larger lists, select the highest item you want in the list. Integrate can usually guess whether you want two or four parameters, but you can use selection to override its guess. In the catalog, anything that uses the selection to determine parameters is marked with an ‘…’

To make a matrix in RPN, create a list of lists. e.g. {{a, b}, {c, d}}.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 09-12-2019 08:55 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - EdS2 - 09-17-2019, 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)