The calculator I always wanted
10-12-2019, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 04:27 AM by vanLudwig.)
RE: The calculator I always wanted
I just pushed out BETA 3 of Acron Calculator.
  • Dialogs have been machine-translated to 10 languages
  • Added answer hints to clarify obscure or ambiguous functions
  • Lots of bug fixes and usability improvements

If you are multilingual, I would really appreciate you looking over the translations. These were all done by Google Translate, so I'm guessing they are pretty mediocre. Available languages are Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese. If you wanted to make me super duper happy, you could volunteer to touch up any of the resx files.

I think the new answer hints are pretty cool. I've got a pretty wide breadth of math knowledge (though not necessarily a lot of depth), but I wouldn't recognize functions like li and Shi without the hint to tell me they are LogIntegral and SinhIntegral. That at least gives me something to google.

BETA 2 had a horrible error where the antiderivative engine would die whenever the app was put to sleep. This made it appear as if the app couldn't solve even basic integrals. This has been rectified in BETA 3.

I consider BETA 3 to be the full suite of functionality that will be released in version 1.0. I'm pretty much only looking at bug fixes (especially translation bugs) until that release. If you come across anything that needs to be addressed before that public release, please bring it to my attention ASAP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - EdS2 - 09-17-2019, 08:25 AM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 10-12-2019 08:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)