The calculator I always wanted
10-31-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted
(10-31-2019 07:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(10-31-2019 03:36 PM)vanLudwig Wrote:  You need to know the expected parameters in order to use function heads this way; Acron Calculator doesn't do any parameter verification. You can usually look them up on reference.wolfram.com. No guarantees that Symja actually supports all these functions, though.

So, you need to go to Wolfram to get the proper syntax to then enter the problem on the calculator app?

Maybe I've missed something basic, but why wouldn't you just solve the problem while you're at Wolfram?

Not trying to be a PITA, just curious why that would make sense?

Have you ever used the Wolfram phone app? It's powerful, but awful to use. If it had a nice interface like Acron Calculator, I never would have bothered.

I try to balance making the the most useful functions as easy to use as possible, while giving you some route to the more obscure functions. So, I expect users will mostly use functions on the calculator buttons (maximum of two button presses away). The most recently used catalog functions are listed at the top (also two button presses away). If you have to look through the catalog for a function, this is 3-5 button presses away. Using the function heads is ~8 button presses away, so I don't anticipate people using them much. If there's an outcry for a specific function, I'll add it to the catalog. I'd just hate for anyone to be in the middle of a calculation using Acron Calculator, then have to abandon that and switch to Wolfram because I'm missing some weird function. And, I'm assuming if they were considering switching over to Wolfram for that weird function, they already know how to use it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 09-08-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - EdS2 - 09-17-2019, 08:25 AM
RE: The calculator I always wanted - vanLudwig - 10-31-2019 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)