HP-41 extended memory file types
09-19-2019, 05:30 AM
RE: HP-41 extended memory file types
(09-19-2019 05:13 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  In the AMC_OS/X I followed the CCD scheme above, plus defined a few other types for the following:

7.- "T": Status Registers backup
8.- "Z": Complex Stack from 41Z
9.- "L": LIFO File for Doug Wilder's LIFO functions
10.- "F": FORTH Code backup
11.- "H": Binary Stack backup from HP-16C

The enhanced CAT" 4 shows the file types letter for all the 11 types in the display during the enumeration.

(09-18-2019 09:17 PM)hth Wrote:  Interestingly, I have a (never released) CAT replacement code that uses the following (opposite mapping):
5 - Key assignments
6 - I/O Buffers
I kind of wonder why it is swapped in my code, as I got the matrix at the same position (4).

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that shows all file types that have been defined somewhere by the community?

Do we have a need for additional file types? (ROM compressed, ROM uncompressed, WALL, others?)

I wouldn't use a swapped-numbers convention for KA and Buffer files, that would be a big problem in the code checking on the file types, and very confusing to the users as well of course.

Cheers
'AM

Thanks a lot for that information!

I wonder why I swapped them, maybe I just made a mistake or did not really know the correct numbers. Good to have it confirmed so I do it right this time.

What is the reason behind using 'T' for status, is not 'S' a good alternative as that letter is not used?

What about WALL, should that exist? Can I add that as 12 (or perhaps even 0)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-41 extended memory file types - hth - 09-18-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: HP-41 extended memory file types - hth - 09-19-2019 05:30 AM
RE: HP-41 extended memory file types - hth - 09-19-2019, 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)