Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
09-30-2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
(09-30-2019 02:29 PM)mfleming Wrote:  This looks like an excellent extension. What did you have in mind for testing? Module compatibility? HP-IL or printer testing?

Just do what you normally do. Try it with your favourite modules. People walk different paths, which tend to expose issues. I also want to see that it works for others than me. It can probably be a good idea to test any relevant module that provides functionality for extended memory. I have really no idea who they are, CCD perhaps?

I have played a bit with the time module, some automated X-memory tests, HP-IL simulated drive, printer, some modules including Ladybug which fiddles quite a lot with basic OS behavior.

Quote:Any chance of also adding Angel's ED patch?
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-8775.html

I can include an extension like that to ED.

To enable the extra extended memory you need to first wipe the current extended memory, either by clearing it (zapping the register at address 040 hex) or by a master clear. There is no longer any code to handle plugged in and out X-memory modules or different plug-in order. Instead it sets up all page links in one go when you first use extended memory. Whether this is needed is determined by inspecting the contents of register 040.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test - hth - 09-30-2019 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)