Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
10-07-2019, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2019 05:07 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
(10-06-2019 08:55 PM)hth Wrote:  Regarding this lower and special characters in ED.

I have added support for it, but I also rearranged the code a bit to make it shorter. However, I am not sure everything works as expected. Lower case and many obvious special characters works, I can enter them and ARCLREC then PRA it to the printer. Then there are some that I do not understand what they are supposed to be. Pi is a star burst and basically a checkered square when printed?

How to test it properly?

Because of this, I also added the lowercase patch to [MASK] - so it's all coordinated and that's a much more convenient way to test it. Also it all runs on V41, which shows the lower case on the LCD quite nicely - so no need to print them (which as you say has some quirks)...

Using your alternate OS on V41 should be possible, just replace the NUCXT.MOD with your new set of ROMs... I can prepare a new MOD file if you want, but I know you don't use windoze (with good criteria) - so can you emulate it on your system?

ÁM

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test - Ángel Martin - 10-07-2019 05:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)