What do you keep on your 42S?
10-31-2019, 12:34 AM
RE: What do you keep on your 42S?
(10-30-2019 06:34 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I saw an old forum post somewhere the other day that talked about adapting the IR circuit in the 42S (and I think 28S) into a receiver, and noting that it can be done. The problem, of course, is how to actually handle the incoming data. It would presumably require poking in a rather complex Saturn assembly language routine using the memory browser.

The 28s’ IR sender was also a receiver, in the fact that you could read the resistance of the diode’s pins. If the diode was photosensitive then you could use IR to input data. Same on the 42s ? I can’t say.
Storing was not a problem because of the rich objects collection the calculator managed, but machine code was necessary to access the diode R value, and also at a good speed. Syseval was the way to peek and poke. Same on 42s ? There is no Syseval or peek/poke equivalent? Not even XFCN...

The other way to input data in the 28s was to connect to the keyboard pins and simulate keyboard input. We did not connect to all keys, just 2 or 3 to simulate the bits and a signal for transmission control. This was described in the Bible... Same on 42s but with the whole keyboard ? Someone did it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you keep on your 42S? - pinkman - 10-31-2019 12:34 AM
RE: What do you keep on your 42S? - Trond - 11-01-2019, 02:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)