HP-32, HP-35, HP-38, HP-45, HP-65, HP-67, HP-70, HP-97 for iPhone/iPad
12-19-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 02:54 PM by Willy R. Kunz.)
RE: HP-45, HP-67, HP-70 for iPhone and iPad
(12-18-2013 08:03 PM)Howard Owen Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 01:19 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  The question is, where do you tell HP fans that these simulations exist? On the iTunes Store, where it's all about games, cookbooks, photos, and social media stuff? No chance. What better place than MoHPC?

Quote:There is a commercial forum for that.
There is? I only see "Classified Ads" (in the section "Collecting & Using"), which I wouldn't call a forum. I was looking for a place to discuss my simulations, get suggestions, ideas for improvement and so on.

(12-18-2013 01:19 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Ironically, chances are that MoHPC is making money from RPN-67 Pro, as on my homepage I direct users who need manuals for the programs I offer for download to their online store. ;-)

Quote:Do you see any ads around here? This is far off the mark, and likely to evoke a strong response.
There's a smiley after my remark on purpose... Actually, the ads for MoHPC are on my website. And they're free. Smile

(12-18-2013 01:19 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  The main reason to join the forum was to get feedback on my apps. Reviews in the iTunes Store are frustrating as there is no way for authors to respond.

Quote:This is legitimate in my opinion. You could probably do better by posting an ad, complete with app store links, to the commercial forum. If all you want to do is to promote your apps, then leave it at that. Otherwise, participate in general discussions with your fellow enthusiasts. Mention your apps when they are on-topic, but be aware there is sensitivity around here about commercial promotion. Monitor the forums for questions regarding your apps, and answer them appropriately. This is how to care for your customers in the digital age. If you are enthusiastic about what your customers are enthusiastic about, then that's perfect. Smile
If you're referring to Classified Ads, linking is a no-no: "This forum is not meant as additional advertising for sales on other websites. Do not link to or refer to auction sites such as ebay from this forum."
Up to now, any discussions about my apps got completely drowned in HP Prime discussions. So I still think this forum is the perfect place.

(12-18-2013 01:19 PM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  I'm an HP calculator fan, not an entrepreneur.

Quote:Sounds to me like you're both. Welcome!
I'm not. Call me a fan and a hobbyist. In view of the few bucks I make, I'd be a lousy entrepreneur.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-45, HP-67, HP-70 for iPhone and iPad - Willy R. Kunz - 12-19-2013 02:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)