(42S) Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S
05-24-2014, 04:28 AM
RE: Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S
Thank you for the kind words. I have written a number of programs for HP calculators, principally for the 41 series but never got around to documenting them. These programs fell into disuse after a while and when I picked them up again, I forgot how to use them LOL. This got me into thinking of doing a companion documentation for every program. At least when I need to use the programs again after a break, I can at least know how to input the data, even if I have forgotten the innards of the program.
As for the program steps, I used Free42 to generate a print-out of the program and used the tried and true method of cut and paste to transfer the print-out in a text file format to a MS Word table. Some of the symbols such as the divide sign and others will be lost in translation, and what I did was to global substitute them back. That is all to it.
I believe that for documentation completeness, all the named variables as well as the numbered registers in the program should be documented as well to avoid conflicts across programs. I haven't got around to doing this yet. And of course program line commenting is useful but I find writing comment lines in a RPN program quite daunting and so haven't got round to doing it . Maybe some of the more experienced programmers in the forum can point me in the right direction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black-Scholes Program for HP 42S - Ender - 05-24-2014 04:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)